Archive for the ‘Operations Team (Orange)’ Category
The ops team at MindTouch is what I like to consider the catch-all technical team. We are responsible for everything that doesn’t fit nicely into the UI or development bucket. We are primarily focused on the following:
- Packaging (virtual machine, RPMs, .debs, source tarball)
- Release management
Our team is composed of MathieuO (release packaging, nightly builds, sysadmin), RobertM (automated testing, ESX/corporate network admin), BrianH (Tier 2 support, managed hosting, scripting), CoreyG (support, comedian), and PeteE (sysadmin, a little development).
Here’s what we’re working on this week:
- continue working on new package layout (following mono application deployment guidelines, FHS)
- file bug against UI team to route custom local css file through PHP (so custom css file doesn’t need to be web accessible)
- work with Pete to get trunk unit tests running on debian VM
- continue building UI tests with iMacros
- monitor Asterisk PBX for dropped calls after moving switches
- Support cases
- get training on how to launch OnDemand instances
- Support cases
- identify changes required in Lyons for hosted Deki (wik.is)
- created blog.dev.mt
- help Bob with trunk unit tests, fix regressions in tests
- install LimeSurvey for sales/marketing guys
- see if we can get ccnet to give us the output of build.sh on trunk.mindtouch.com (build failed email is worthless ATM)
Other topics of disccusion were:
- zero bug bounce (zbb) – Once the API/UI team triages all bugs, ops team will be responsible for testing all resolved bugs
- trunk VM – Once Lyons is in the stabalization phase, we need to create a trunk VM for the community to test on. We’re doing this to encourage community members to test the new bits and provide feedback.
- wik.is upgrade – After the Lyons release, we need to start preparing for a wik.is upgrade. This involves some changes to Deki’s control panel and adapting RoyK’s attachments/resources DB update script.